Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, April 27, 2009

    I am breaking a contract

    The other day I downloaded the OperaUSB program onto my USB drive. It appears that I'm violating the EULA.

    Here's part of what the license says.
    You are entitled to use the Software on all personal computers (laptops/desktops). "Use" means loaded in temporary memory or permanent storage on the computer.

    You may not use the Software on non PC products, devices, or embedded in any other product, including, but not limited to, mobile devices, internet appliances, set top boxes (STB), handhelds, PDAs, phones, web pads, tablets, game consoles, TVs, gaming machines, home automation systems, or any other consumer electronics devices or mobile/cable/satellite/television or closed system based service.
    1. I see that I am, in fact, not allowed to have it stored on my USB drive, as it is not part of a computer
    2. I see that I am, in fact, not allowed to have it stored on my Tablet PC, as it  is also a tablet. 
     Oh well. Nobody ever uses software without breaking a contract or two. That said, Opera rocks.
     

    No comments: